Since it’s Leap Day I figured I would do something fun and join in on Leaping around the blogesphere. I found this fun questionere on one of my favorite bloggers’s site From Dates to Diapers & Beyond. Hope you enjoy learning a bit more about me and if you want to do your own post go ahead and share the link in comment! I’d love to read more about you!
1. My childhood nicknames are a bit silly. My parents called me Binfin, Binner and Bins. But my classmates were not so kind and I often got called Katie Killer and Katie Hitler. Not because these represented my personality but just because they rhymed with my last name of Hiller.
2. If you want to spoil me rotten surprise me. It’s REALLY hard to surprise me with anything because I usually will think of it first. But something that is really thoughtful and screams Kate will make me feel super special. (Oh and cleaning my house! 😉
3. The television character I most identify with is Jess in New Girl. She’s exceedingly positive and would prefer if no woman would be allowed to wear a boring black suit without some ribbons, glitter or sparkle somewhere.
4. If I had a whole day to go shopping and money to spend I would go to the outlet malls. From Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic and DSW to Home Goods, Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn I would outfit my closet and house in one fell swoop.
5. The most wild and crazy thing I have ever done (that I can admit to publicly) is walk around Rome for the day all by myself. I saw the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Vatican City and many many cathedrals. It was a wonderfully special day to just enjoy the sites and smells of a beautiful city. But probably not the safest thing for a young little blond thing to be doing on her own.
6. The one thing on my bucket list that I am most eager to do is be a speaker in women’s ministry. It’s a lofty goal but one I can completely see the Lord using me for later in life. There’s a lot I would like to share and hopefully encourage other young women and moms in Christ. God can use anybody right?
7. My family will always be loyal to Trader Joes. My husband used to work there and my mother in law is the longest part timer they have at her store. She was even featured on their Rose Bowl float years ago. Their food is spectacular and their prices are wonderfully competitive.
8. If I could spend a day with a celebrity I would choose Beth Moore. Most of you won’t even know who she is as she is really only popular in the Christian community. But her devotional books are truly inspirational. Recently I just watched a video of her speaking to an auditorium PACKED with women and I could not have been more encouraged. What she does is what I dream of doing.
9. In my opinion, the best invention in the history of the world is the internet. Without which we would be a VERY different society.
10. When life hands me lemons, I make CHICKEN PICCATA! I love this dish with capers and Giada has a great recipe for one.