Growing up in Orange County I thought I knew all there was to do and see. Yet becoming a mom has opened my eyes to all sorts of fun places that never would have popped on my radar before. We recently took a drive down there with the grandparents to check out Adventure City. Touted as Orange County’s little theme park that’s big on family fun it certainly did not disappoint.
There was so much I loved about this place I figured it was easier to just list them all
- FREE Parking!
- Single and double stroller rentals (choose either a fire engine or police car!)
- Lots of gated areas for the little ones to run around without you having to chase after them. Plus there was shaded seating for the adults!
- CLEAN! The place was very well kept up and had such an enjoyable atmosphere
- Bathrooms – All designed with families and little kids in mind. Plus they had a separate room for quick diaper changes so you didn’t have to lug everything into a bathroom and wait for a stall.
- Customer Service was AMAZING! The employees were all super friendly and we could tell really enjoyed children. They seemed to go out of their way to make each customer, big or small, feel important and taken care of.
- Rides – they had rides for all ages and John and I even got to sneak away to ride the kiddie roller coaster while the grandparents watched the kiddos. Plus no line was more than 10 to 15 minutes in length and most lines had big screen TVs showing footage of trains, rescue cars, etc.
- Petting zoo – my kids LOVE animals and the petting zoo was such a nice break from the rides. You can even purchase food to feed the goats and chickens.
- Live entertainment – they have live shows all day long so if you need a break to just sit and enjoy this is a great option.
- Big enough to not get bored but small enough to not feel overwhelmed or lose anyone. We were able to do most everything in a day.
- Very reasonable admission at $14.95 per person
- YES they do birthday parties! Their all inclusive package means all I would have to bring is a cake and my friends.
- Food – they serve typical fair food (pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers) at great prices but there wasn’t a lot of super healthy options. If you have dietary restrictions I would suggest bringing your own food. I am not sure they allow food in the park but there are benches right outside the gate where you could eat.
Since we visited right before Easter they had a special spring garden that you could do activities, get glitter tattoos, or just enjoy the sunshine. My boys enjoyed all of it and I enjoyed putting my feet up. 😉
As I said before we were so impressed and Little Man keeps asking to go back.
SO who wants to go to Adventure City now? Well here’s your chance! They have generously given me TWO Family 4 pack of tickets for my awesome readers! You can get up to FOUR entries. After you complete each entry leave a comment below letting me know you did it so I count all your entries!
- Tweet the following: “GIVEAWAY Family 4 pack of tickets to #AdventureCity. Orange County’s hidden gem for family fun @Wilkinsonjk http://bit.ly/RU9Iok“
- Follow me on Twitter @Wilkinsonjk
- Share this link on your Facebook wall http://bit.ly/RU9Iok
- Like Retro Modern Mom on Facebook!
TWO winners will be chosen on May 9th so good luck!
CONGRATS Dawnita and Gracie! You are my two winners! Check your inbox for details!
Disclosure: I was provided free entry into the park for review but all opinions are my own