As many of you know from my previous post How doing the Whole30 Challenge changed the way I eat I am just loving all these new Paleo recipes I am finding. So here’s some of my favorite ones. Most are Whole30 friendly as well.
I have been eating eggs everyday since cereal, yogurt, granola, and toast are all out. Frankly you can get a little sick of this after awhile. Luckily I found an easy pancake recipe that was so yummy my husband and baby devoured and entire batch!
- Paleo 3 ingredient Pancakes
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- (I added a dash of sea salt and felt they tasted better that way)
- Blend all ingredients together and pour small amounts into a hot pan with coconut oil or ghee. Wait until they start to brown on the edges before flipping.
originally adapted from Recipe By Photo
For most lunches I make salads. I always grill up some chicken breast for the week so it’s on hand for salads or soups if needed. But the Apple Basil Burgers are by far my favorite lunch item. I can mix up the meat mixture ahead of time and have it in a Ziploc in the fridge ready to cook up one or two burgers at a time. That way they are hot and fresh!
- Apple Basil Burgers
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- DIRECTIONS: I use my food processor to chop up the apple, red pepper and basil at once. Saves a ton of time. Combine all ingredients and form into patties. Either place in Ziploc for later or cook on a skillet at medium heat in coconut oil until cooked through. About 3-4 minutes on each side. Don’t overcook or they will dry out.
originally adapted from Cave Food Kitchen
There have been SO MANY dinner recipes that were just out of this world. I am going to list a few below that have become staples in our menu rotation. Click on the name for the recipe.
Dijon Almond Encrusted Tilapia – This is so popular in my family it is requested every other week. I really enjoy pairing it with roasted root veggies and avocado salad with cilantro pesto dressing.
- Avocado Salad with cilantro pesto dressing
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- dash of sea salt
- handful of basil (optional)
- DIRECTIONS: Using your blender, food processor, or bullet blend all ingredients until it looks smooth. I sometimes add the salt afterwards a little at a time to ensure I don’t over salt. Toss with chopped avocado and serve.
Paleo Spaghetti Squash – this turned out so well I didn’t even miss the pasta, and that’s saying A LOT! I paired this with green beans.
- Spaghetti Squash
- cut in half lengthwise and scoop out all guts
- on a baking sheet drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- place them flesh side down and bake at 400 degrees for about 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- using forks scrape out all the inside into pasta like noodles.
- Top with your favorite sauce!
Grilled Chicken with Blueberry-Basil Salsa – there’s not much I can say except this is such an interesting (and impressive) recipe to serve. I didn’t use the jalapenos or scallions in the recipe and it turned out great.
Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you don’t still crave some sweetness. Here are my favorite go-to desserts.
Apple Banana Cookies – these are so tasty and have NO added sugar. They are definitely something I don’t feel bad about giving my kids anytime.
- Date shake
- 4-5 dates (remove pits)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 ice cubes
- DIRECTIONS: blend all until smooth! Feel free to adjust the quantities to your taste.
- Chocolate Mousse
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup raw honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 salt
- DIRECTIONS: blend all ingredients until smooth. I would add the salt to taste as sometimes it can be too salty. Enjoy with fresh berries!
Originally adapted from Stir It Up
Now I don’t have a photo of this one because honestly we ate it too quick!
I hope you will enjoy some of these recipes and please do share if you try them out and let me know what you thought or if you have any questions.