As many of you know I have been on a journey over the past two years to make healthier choices both in the food we eat and the products we use. One such conference that has changed my life in this respect is ShiftCon. It’s an eco-concious green living conference with sessions focused on social media, activism, and education on non-toxic living.
My three favorite sessions were:
Behind the Curtain:What it Takes to Create Healthy, Safe & Non-Toxic Products
Beauty & the Beast – Navigating the World of Green Beauty
Endocrine Disruptors & Low Dose Effects – Should we be Concerned About the “Chemical Stew”
All of these sessions were SO informative and fascinating. My brain literally hit a wall with how much education I recieved. I will be writing in more depth about these sessions and will turn them into links to those blog posts once completed.
In the meantime I thought you all would appreciate a giveaway. Becasue OH MY GOSH THE SWAG! It was just…well…beyond amazing. Their were over 50 brands that made ShiftCon possible and all of them were vetted through an intense process to ensure they meet strict standards. Here’s a list of what is required so you KNOW these brands are safe for you and your family.
Food Related Sponsors: No genetically modified ingredients (GMOs), synthetic dyes, additives or preservatives, trans fats, synthetic nitrates, or MSG
Personal Care Sponsors: No parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, 1-4 dioxane, formaldehyde, triclosan or aluminum. Committed to 100% ingredient disclosure.
Cleaning Product Sponsors: No toxic VOCs, phthalates, 1-4 dioxane, formaldehyde, optical brighteners, or triclosan. Committed to 100% ingredient disclosure.
Baby and Child-Related Sponsors: We encourage manufacturers to have “green guard” certification with furniture & mattresses brand. We also accept brands that follow practices of the European Union. Diapers should be free of chlorine & dioxins. Cloth diapers must not be covered with PVC. Toys must be free from lead. No fire retardant chemicals.
Here’s the gift bag I put together just for you all:
So here’s all the things you will be getting:
- Nordic Naturals vitamin samples, mints, and eco bag
- Annies Homegrown Chocolate Chip cookies, Animal Cookies, Organic Fruit Snacks
- Orgain Protein Shake Coupons
- Made in Nature Italian Espresso Coconut Chips
- Nutiva Hempseeds and O’Coconut treats
- Earth Mama Angel Baby Morning Wellness Spray
- Lundberg Family Farms Red Rice & Quinoa snack cakes
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- Bitsy’s Brainfood Sweet Potato Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Love Child Organics Pouches
- Nature’s Flavors Green Natural Food Coloring
- Grab Green Laundry Detergent Pods and reusable bag
- Color Garden Natural Food Coloring
- Fork In the Road notepad and pen
- Teeccino Tea Bag sample pack
- Babyganics daily lotion sample
- The Honest Kitchen Pet Food samples and coupons
- Crunchmaster Multi-grain crackers
- Glee Gum
- Gaia Herbs Adrenal Support Dietary Supplement
- Rare Essence Dream Room Mist
- Numi Organic Tea sampler
- Oriental Herb Company Cold Snap Herbal Supplement
- Ava Anderson Baby Diaper Cream
- Bioray CytoFlora Probiotic sample
- SHINE Organics coupons
- Food For Life Coupon
- Non GMO Pin
- Reusable bag from Natural Grocers
- Enjoy Life Smores Bars (not pictured)
That’s A LOT of swag people! I’ve linked to each company so please go and check them out.
To enter the giveaway all you have to do is comment below with which product you are most excited about! Also for extra entries please share this post on Facebook or Twitter. Just tag me in the share so I know @RetroModernMom.
I will choose a winner FRIDAY October 9th. Good Luck!
UPDATE: CONGRATS to Kelly Schlenz! You are my winner!
DISCLOSURE: Although I received all of these products for free all opinions are my own